Signposting to Other Services
What if I am currently under threat?
The Commission recognises that being under threat can cause significant distress and anxiety.
If you are under threat, the most important thing for you to do is contact the PSNI. If you come to Commission and tell us that you are under threat, we will take the following actions:
- We will ask you if you have already reported this to the PSNI.
- If you have already contacted the PSNI, we will log these details.
- If you have not yet contacted the PSNI, we will tell you that we cannot take any further steps until you report the matter to the PSNI.
- If you do not want to report this to the PSNI, there is another option. You can report the matter to NIACRO (NI Association for the Care and Resettlement of Offenders).
NIACRO provides crisis intervention, clarification, and support services for individuals and families who may be at risk of violence or exclusion in the community. This work is delivered under a project called BASE 2.
You can contact NIACRO directly, or if you prefer, you can give us your permission to contact them on your behalf. NIACRO’s contact details are as follows:
NIACRO, Amelia House, 4 Amelia Street, Belfast, BT2 7GS
028 9032 0157
- Once the matter has been reported to the PSNI or NIACRO, we can then work with you to identify any other services or support that may be available to you.
This may include services delivered by the VSS funded organisations under the Victims Support Programme (for more information, click here), or directly via the Individual Needs Programme (for more information, click here).
Please note, however, that the normal eligibility criteria will apply to access these services and support available under these Programmes.
This approach has been agreed with our partners at the Victims and Survivors Service and The Executive Office.